Our Lady of Hope/St. Luke School is situated on 22 tree-lined acres in southeastern Baltimore County. Serving the children in the Dundalk, Edgemere and Sparrows Point area, the school was a dream of the first pastor, Msgr. Thomas Zinkand. His dream came to fruition when the school opened in 1954. Along with the church, the school shares its grounds with the parish offices and the convent.
The elementary school is contained in one two-story brick building containing grades K-3, computer lab, music room, resource area and a cafeteria/auditorium. An addition was built in 1964 that houses the Pre-K Program, grades 4-8 and additional rooms for Robotics, Spanish, Art, Music and the Library. The cafeteria/auditorium is used for Physical Education classes, parish and school events.
The Pre-K Program is a new addition to Our Lady of Hope/St. Luke School Campus. Previously housed on the St. Luke Campus, the Pre-K has sent a breath of fresh air throughout the building. Listening to the Pre-K students giggle, sing and laugh brings a smile to anyone who is walking down the hall. This school year finds us blessed with over 222 students in grades Pre-K3 through grade 8. Throughout the years, Our Lady of Hope/St. Luke School has remained "Dundalk Strong" and one of the "Best Kept Secrets in Dundalk". We pledge to continue to educate our students in Christian values and morals with an emphasis on high academic achievements.